miércoles, 31 de octubre de 2007

“Suicide intervention: how to recognize risk, focus on patient safety”

This review article describes a practical, commonly accepted approach to suicide risk assessment and intervention, based on the B-SAFE model (Basic Suicide Assessment Five-step Evaluation) proposed by Jacobs et al. Using this method to assess suicide risk can help you answer questions such as:
• Which factors are most important to consider when evaluating suicide risk in my patient?
• What questions should I ask my patient to find out if he or she is suicidal?
• How do I know if a patient is at risk for suicide?
• What emergent interventions are called for when managing the acutely suicidal patient?
• How should I document a suicide risk assessment?.”
http://www.globalfamilydoctor.com/search/GFDSearch.asp?itemNum=7222